1. Be responsible – when I am at the wheel, I am responsible for the lives of my passengers and my own, as well as those of other road.
2. Always wear my seat-belt and ensure my passengers do the same. This is because in the event of an accident, seat belts are crucial in helping to reduce deaths and injuries.
3. Never drink and drive – to arrange for alternate transport, take a cab or have an assigned driver when I plan a night out.
4. Not speed – to adhere to speed limit on the road, even when traveling on the expressways and when the road ahead is clear.
5. Not play loud music when driving.
6. Not exceed the number of passengers I am allowed to carry in my car.
7. Never beat the traffic lights – slow down when the light turns amber and stop when it turns red.
8. Not use my mobile phone when driving – if absolutely necessary I will always use a hands-free set.
9. Not let others drive my car – even if they have driving licenses.
10. Know my vehicle well and maintain it – understand its capabilities and limits and ensure regular inspections by professionals so as to maintain the vehicle in good condition.